Application now open. Due on June 16th, 2020 at 11:59 pm.
Dr. Adawia Alousi was a true renaissance woman: a scientist and educator with a multitude of passions. Originally from Iraq, the discoveries and scientific contributions of this pioneering researcher continue to improve and extend lives and her work has been the benchmark for pharmacological experimentation around the world. Dr. Alousi was truly a leader in an era when very few women were recognized for their accomplishments, let alone a foreign-born Arab woman. In a time when self-appointed experts attempt to define the face of the modern Muslim woman, Dr. Alousi’s life reminds us it is only Muslim women who can speak about their lives, careers and choices with true authority.Read more about Dr. Adawia Alousi and this Scholarship Fund
It is anticipated that the Dr. Adawia Alousi STEM Scholarship for Muslim Women will be between $2,500 and $10,000 per student for undergraduates, and up to $10,000 for graduate students. The scholarship may be renewable for students maintaining satisfactory academic performance. The Fund will make all grant distributions directly to the student’s affiliated college or university. All colleges and universities must be accredited and be located within the United States. The following requirements must be met in order to apply:
- Be accepted into a STEM program at an accredited university in the United States
- Identify as a Muslim woman
- Demonstrate financial need
- GPA and Test Scores:
- For incoming freshman, high school GPA of 3.6 or higher; ACT score of 29 or higher (or SAT equivalent)
- For currently enrolled undergraduate students: cumulative GPA of 3.4 or higher
- For graduate students: cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
- List research experience and/or service activities in community, including work done through student organizations
- Agree to provide career data upon graduation
Applications due on June 16th, 2020 at 11:59 pm. Please download and review the instructions before submitting your application.
Additional questions about the application, eligibility requirements, etc? Please view our FAQ page.Alousi Scholarship FAQ Page