Applications now closed.
About the Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded to undergraduate students in Southeast Michigan who are studying in the healthcare field at universities or community colleges. Each student will be awarded $1,000. The Fund will make all grant distributions directly to the student’s affiliated college or university. All colleges and universities must be accredited.
The story behind Younis Mansi Essa
Dena Essa has been a nurse since 1995. It prepared her for her most important patient: Her father, Younis Mansi Essa. He suffered from chronic liver failure and was on dialysis for nearly 21 years. The hospital was his second home. Younis spent much of his time with healthcare professionals, developing meaningful relationships. “They loved him. They loved his smile,” says Dena of her father. Younis, who was born and raised in Palestine, is the driving force behind this scholarship for students pursuing their degrees in the healthcare field.
Applications now closed. Scholarship applications will re-open in Summer 2023.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Be currently enrolled or accepted into an undergraduate program at an accredited university or community college in Southeast Michigan
- A list of eligible schools are located in the application instructions below
- Must be studying in the healthcare field (i.e. nursing, physician assistants, surgical and ultrasound technicians, respiratory therapists, etc)
- GPA and Test Scores
- For high school seniors, must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher and ACT score of 24 or higher, or SAT score of 1160 or higher
- For currently enrolled undergraduate students, must have a cumulative GPA of 3.4 or higher
- Must agree to provide career data upon graduation
- Must demonstrate financial need and have a completed FASFA on file with the Financial Aid Office
Questions? Please contact Mikala Cox at email@example.com