About this Fund
This agency fund supports Taawon (formerly the Welfare Association) in Palestine, a leading Palestinian nonprofit organization, working in Palestine and in Palestinian refugee camps in Lebanon.
With programs in education, community development, emergency aid, and cultural preservation, Taawon aims to achieve the following:
- Encourage the preservation of Palestinian culture and identity and the revival of Palestinian cultural heritage.
- Develop, upgrade and empower Palestinian individuals to become productive, professional and capable of achieving their goals and aspirations and to contribute to economic and social change.
- Empower local institutions and assist them in providing services that respond to the needs of Palestinians by employing the requirements of good governance and achieving sustainability.
- Provide rapid and effective response to any emergency situation that may put the life, security or health of Palestinians at risk.
Current Campaign: From Small Producers to Needy Families
Help us support vulnerable families in Gaza by providing a weekly food basket that contains fresh produce, chicken and eggs to be purchased from small farmers. Your generous contribution during our current campaign will enable us to:
- Provide weekly fresh produce baskets to 4,000 needy families in Gaza
- Support more than 800 small poor producers
- Provide more than 4,000 working days to the unemployed
- Circulating nearly $650,000 in local markets
Taawon also administers the Orphans of Gaza 2014 Program, which provides a comprehensive, long-term approach to strategically meet the needs of 2,500 orphans, from infancy through age 22. From healthcare and housing, to school uniforms and university fees, to vocational training and employability skills, the program surrounds each orphan with a fully-integrated support system throughout the critical years of childhood and adolescence.
Taawon is the only organization of its kind – give now to make a real difference for Palestinians!