About this Fund
This agency fund supports Taawon (formerly the Welfare Association) in Palestine, a leading Palestinian nonprofit organization, working in Palestine and in Palestinian refugee camps in Lebanon.
With programs in education, community development, emergency aid, and cultural preservation, Taawon aims to achieve the following:
- Encourage the preservation of Palestinian culture and identity and the revival of Palestinian cultural heritage.
- Develop, upgrade and empower Palestinian individuals to become productive, professional and capable of achieving their goals and aspirations and to contribute to economic and social change.
- Empower local institutions and assist them in providing services that respond to the needs of Palestinians by employing the requirements of good governance and achieving sustainability.
- Provide rapid and effective response to any emergency situation that may put the life, security or health of Palestinians at risk.
Current Campaign: From Small Producers to Needy Families
2.1 million Palestinians in Gaza are entering their 12th year under the illegal Israeli blockade.
Taawon distinguishes its intervention during the holy month of Ramadan through combining both humanitarian and developmental aspects in a well-packaged project with the aim of delivering a sustainable impact. For the third consecutive year, Taawon will provide needy families with weekly fresh food baskets of vegetables, fruits, chicken and eggs purchased from small farmers and producers, delivered over the duration of 5 weeks throughout Ramadan and the Eid.
Through your generous contributions in Ramadan of 2018, we were able to support over 4,000 families and 630 small farmers and producers to enhance their steadfastness, and provide over 6,000 working days for the unemployed.
This year, though your contributions, we aim to support:
- 8,000 needy families
- 200 local workers
- 1,000 farmers and producers
Taawon also administers the Orphans of Gaza 2014 Program, which provides a comprehensive, long-term approach to strategically meet the needs of 2,500 orphans, from infancy through age 22. From healthcare and housing, to school uniforms and university fees, to vocational training and employability skills, the program surrounds each orphan with a fully-integrated support system throughout the critical years of childhood and adolescence.
Taawon is the only organization of its kind – give now to make a real difference for Palestinians!